Our Department of Social Services professionals will help you and your family to cope with the difficulties associated with disease and illness. Transitional care is often covered by Medicare and, or private insurance plans. We will review coverage and eligibility for the patient throughout their hospital stay and keep them informed of care options.
We work with the other hospital departments and community agencies to create a network of services for each patient’s particular needs upon their discharge.
Services offered include:
- Patient evaluation upon admission and discharge
- Referrals for durable medical equipment
- Referral to home health
- Referral to private duty home maker
- Meals delivered to the home (community based services)
- Referral for short or long term care (nursing home)
The Social Services department can help you prepare your Health Care Power of Attorney. Click “Health Care Power of Attorney” to view and print form. Please contact 618-443-2177 ext. 1409 for any questions you may have.