Each year, more and more southern Illinoisans experience breathing related problems. With the increase in asthma, emphysema, lung cancer and COPD, Physicians, assisted by the Registered Respiratory Therapist, are working harder than ever to diagnose and treat those who suffer from chronic breathing problems. Sparta Community Hospital’s Pulmonary Services Department offers a full range of testing to help your physician best determine how to treat your particular problem.
These tests include:
- Pulmonary function tests (PFT) – Evening hours are offered on Mondays until 6pm
- Home Oxygen evaluation testing
- Inpatient overnight pulse oximetry
Along with these tests the following services are also available to help treat pulmonary problems:
- Smoking cessation
- Ventilator services
- Acapella treatments
- Lung disease education
- Metered dose inhaler (MDI)
- Pulse Oximeter
- Education for asthma, emphysema, and other lung diseases
- Education for the correct use of all respiratory equipment, metered dose inhalers (MOI), nebulizer and oxygen
Mondays: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Tuesday – Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.